Rules & Regulations
The DUTCH POLO TOUR is a selection of the best polo tournaments in The Netherlands!
The polopoints are awarded as follows.
- Every polotournaments handicap point up equals 20 polopoints. A handicap 0 polotournament equals 100 polopoints and a handicap 6 polotournament equals 220 polopoints.
- The winners of a 4 goal polotournament will all get 180 polopoints (100%). The runners up will all receive 90 polopoints (50%), the third place poloteamplayers will all get 45 polopoints (25%) and the rest of the participating poloplayers with all get 18 polopoints (10%).
- If the handicap of all the poloteams particpating in the tournament are lower than the tournament handicap, the highest handicap of the participating poloteams will be used for awarding the maximum amount of polopoints.
- When only 3 teams participate, the maximum amount of polopoints is that of the second place. When only 2 teams participate, the maximum of polopoints is that of the third place.
- If a position is shared, points will be divided between the poloplayers according to the amount of chukkers played.
- Poloteams who do not respect the maximum handicap of the tournament or do not follow the SPN Handicap & Tournament rules will be excluded for polopoints as if their team did not enter the tournament.
- At the end of the poloseason we have the Polo Team of the Year, the Polo Player of the Year and the Polo Pro of the Year.