It takes several years to become a good polo player
Roughly there are 6 steps to take.
Step 1 is to control your horse
Step 2 is to hit the ball
Step 3 is to know the rules on the polofield
Step 4 is to be aware of your own position on the polofield
Step 5 is to be aware of the other poloplayers positions on the field
Step 6 is to implement tactics and strategy in the pologame
If you want to start playing Polo, we can offer you the following possibility:
This Polo Lesson starts with talking about the game of polo, riding polo horses and hitting the ball (around 15 minutes). Most of the time we start with a hitting exercise on a chair or on a wooden horse.
After that, you go on the polohorse to the polofield (or arena) under the guidance of a poloplayer, who gives you riding and hitting instructions (maximum 45 minutes on the horse).
The polo lesson takes around one hour in total.
- First Polo lesson takes 1,5 hour and costst around E 150,- .
- Next Polo lessons are 1 hour and costs around E 100,- .
Note: Riding experience is preferred.
For exact prices and info about Pololessons on:
- Polo Club Vreeland (near Hilversum): contact Famke de Vreeze (06*48955687 / firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Polo Club Wassenaar: contact Aki van Andel (06*24911387 / email@example.com).
- Polo Club Midden-Nederland (near Putten): contact Brenda de Boer (06*53366379 / firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Polo Club Waalre (near Eindhoven): contact Lex van Berkel (06*21502952 / email@example.com).
- Twentsch Polo Club (near Enschede): contact Ruud Koehorst (06*29095700 / R.Koehorst@euro-chemicals.com).